US Virgin Islands Hotel & Tourism Association
CHTA Committee Meetings on June 20 – 22, 2018
Our committee and board meetings will take place June 20 – 22 at the Hyatt Regency Miami. Our goal is to facilitate more engagement from membership and share with you the areas in which the CHTA platform is developing; therefore, we are encouraging all our members to join us at these meetings.
Wednesday June 20, 2018
- 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. — Finance Committee (only for committee members)
- 3:30 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. — People Development
Thursday, June 21, 2018
- 8:30 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. — Advocacy Committee
- 10:00m – 11:15am — Marketing Committee
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. — Membership Committee
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. — CAST
- 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. — Executive Committee (only for committee members)
- 5:30 p.m. – 6:45 p.m. — CHTAEF Board of Trustees
Friday, June 22, 2018
- 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. — AGM
- 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. — Board of Directors
- 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. — CSHAE Meeting
We remind you that CHIEF, the Caribbean’s most exciting educational forum, will be taking place the same week. CHIEF offers interactive breakout sessions and exclusively priced professional education sessions. Taste of the Caribbean, as well as the celebration Caribbean305, are scheduled for that week. Limited seating is also available to support the national culinary teams as they prepare special team lunches and dinners as part of their competition.
CHTA 2018 Annual General Meeting Notice
In accordance with Article 30 of the Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association Articles of Association, notice is hereby given that the 2018 Annual General Meeting will take place on June 22 at 8:30 a.m. at the Hyatt Regency Miami, Florida.
The CHTA Nominating Committee recommended and the Executive Committee approved the following slate of officers to serve with our President-Elect Patricia Affonso-Dass who assumes office that day for the 2018-2020 Biennium.
- 1st Vice President Karen Whitt, Turks and Caicos
- 2nd Vice President Alberto Abreu, Dominican Republic
- 3rd Vice President Pablo Torres, Puerto Rico
- 4th Vice President Gregor Nassief, Dominica
- 5th Vice President Nicola Madden-Greig, Jamaica
- Treasurer Jim Hepple, Aruba
This proposed slate of officers will be submitted to the AGM and all members are encouraged to join us at the AGM and be involved in the process to elect our future leadership.
We remind you that CHIEF, the Caribbean’s most exciting b2b professional development forum, will be taking place the same week. CHIEF connects members with their peers, industry experts and best practices to help you improve your business and your bottom line. Click here to view the schedule for the committee meetings, CHIEF and Taste of the Caribbean, and our exciting new event Caribbean305, which are scheduled for that week.