US Virgin Islands Hotel & Tourism Association
The 2018 Atlantic Hurricane Season officially begins June 1. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Center for Faith Based and Neighborhood Partnerships and FEMA invite you to participate in a hurricane preparedness webinar. On May 8, learn innovations in preparedness that you can implement in your community. Participants will hear from local and national leaders. Attendees can engage one another in a conversation with the goal of building resilience for the coming hurricane season.
Title: Helping Your Community Get Ready for Hurricanes: Innovations from the Field
Adobe Connect: https://icpd.adobeconnect.com/hurricaneinnovate1/event/registration.html
Date: May 8
Time: 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. EDT
The webinar will feature:
– Lauren Stienstra, HERricane Project Lead, Department of Public Safety Communications and Emergency Management, Arlington County, VA
– Leslie Chapman-Henderson, President and CEO, Federal Alliance for Safe Homes, Inc. (FLASH)
– Cheryl Nelson, TV host, broadcast meteorologist, natural disaster preparedness expert and National Disaster Preparedness Training Center (NDPTC) Instructor
– Marcus Coleman, DHS Center for Faith Based and Neighborhood Partnerships, FEMA
– Matthew Lyttle, Individual and Community Preparedness Division, FEMA
Please register to receive a recording of this webinar.
– Be sure to test your Adobe Connect connection prior to the meeting.
– This webinar will offer captioning.
For more information, please contact FEMA-Prepare@fema.dhs.gov.