US Virgin Islands Hotel & Tourism Association
This presidential election season, the Caribbean’s most entertaining Super PAC (Party Action Committee), Bolongo Bay Beach Resort, is letting constituents vote with their taste buds. While citizens of the territory don’t have the right to vote, they still have the right to assemble. In island tradition, that’s still a great reason to party. Lobbyists and pollsters can stay back on the mainland because Bolongo Bay’s mixologists have created a ballot of campaign cocktails for all to enjoy.
Available now through Election Day, this special menu lets guests rally for their favorite affiliation, the Cocktail Party. Bolongo Bay will host an Election Night Party on Nov. 8, featuring all-American food, Presidente beer buckets, live music and its widescreen televisions tuned in for results. Once the president-elect is announced, Bolongo Bay will continue to serve his or her “namesake” beverage through Inauguration Day, Jan. 20, 2017.
Bolongo Bay’s 2016 Presidential Campaign Cocktail Menu includes:
- Trumpical Punch: This swirl of controversy mixes up USVI strawberry and raspberry rum, topped with a comb over of cranberry juice. Served on the rocks, it’s going to be “huuuuge” and “make America great again.”
- Chillary: Coconut rum, blue curacao, splash of pineapple juice and coconut cream become “stronger together” when shaken. Unlike 33,000 emails, this is served uncharacteristically straight-up.
- Rum for the Border: Can’t handle the craziness? Start a new life with this mix of coconut, pineapple, citrus and banana rums and fruit punch for the win.
- Screw’d Either Way: If the final two candidates lack “ap-peel” let this mix of orange vodka, orange juice and a splash of Sprite drown the sorrows. Served on the rocks…with a chaser of “hard place.”
- Server Dilemma: The secret is out…banana liquor, blackberry brandy and pineapple juice with a splash of grenadine. Served on the rocks, it can only be ordered through Iggies private email server.
- Under Audit: The ingredients are under audit. Happens every year. Surely everyone understands. While this information is classified, Bolongo Bay is willing to release them, but only to guests who visit.