US Virgin Islands Hotel & Tourism Association
May 14, 2020/
Click the links below to learn more about useful COVID-19 resources including services provided by local businesses as well as government resources.
- Bluebeard’s Castle Resort will be using face shields (photo 1, photo 2) for houseman, maintenance and front desk. If any businesses are interested in splitting cases or if you’re interested in purchasing these face shields, please contact general manager Orvin Sanes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- deSIGNS is current making and installing various social distancing products for your business needs! They offer floor stickers (see example) which have a floor laminate on them to prevent slipping. These stickers are easy to install, but deSIGNS also offers installation. Stickers can be custom designed to include brands or client logos and colors. deSIGNS also has clear acrylics so the company can make counter/cashier screens. Please email email@example.com or visit www.designsvi.com for more information.
- USVI businesses can visit www.KLRvi.com to find U.S. EPA registered hard surface sanitizer that is effective against Coronavirus. One $24.95 gallon dilutes down to make 160 gallons of ready to use sanitizer.
- Seas the Day Charters – Provisioning Service for Charter and Live Aboard Vessels
- Click here for a press release announcing Viya’s efforts to ensure that the community stays connected during the COVID-19 outbreak. For new customers, Viya is offering discounted internet plans and free installation. Further, the company is ensuring that public wi-fi hotspots remain throughout the territory. Some services may have changed since press release was originally shared.
- Interim Health and Safety Guidelines and Guidance for the USVI Tourism Industry. This is a working document which will be updated regularly.
- Safety in Paradise/OSHA Offering FREE Resources for USVIHTA and STXHTA Members
- My Brother’s Workshop trainees and staff members have made cloth masks, and are seeking donors to “sponsor a mask” for community members in need. As many of our VI citizens don’t have access to a mask to protect themselves and others, they need your help! Read more.
- Introducing Catchafire’s COVID-19 Resources for the Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands
- CFVI Update: Working from Home – Routines, Team Bonding and More
- The official site for official information and updates on COVID-19, Coronavirus, in the U.S. Virgin Islands is doh.vi.gov/covid19usvi.
- Territorial updates and press releases can be found at at usviupdate.com.
- Torn Ranch PPE Welcome Kits
- V.I. Energy Office Offers Tips to Conserve Power During COVID-19 Pandemic
- 2020 Tax Deadlines and COVID-19 Guidance
- USVI flight update. This list is updated as new information becomes available from the airlines. Information is subject to change. Travelers and interested parties must check with airlines for up-to-date information.