US Virgin Islands Hotel & Tourism Association
The minute they enter your booking engine, you’ve got ‘em right where you want them.
They’re seconds away from hitting Book Now.
You’ve pulled them past all of the initial dreaming and researching phases. They like you and your destination. It should be easy enough to get them to fill out some basic information and book a room, right?
According to a recent study from SalesCycle, 81% of people abandon your booking engine without a transaction.
Why get so far in the booking process only to give up in the last seconds?
Often, travelers have one of ten issues:
1. Rates are cheaper on third party sites and OTAs
2. Hidden costs and sticker shock
3. Your mobile experience is poor
4. You haven’t satisfied one side of their brain
5. It’s too frustrating to make a reservation